Contact Roland at 210-722-2725
Home Seller's Guide
First, use the tools on this web site to prepare yourself to sell your home.
Determine how much homes are selling for in your neighborhood. Review the San Antonio Multiple Listing Service by using the "Homes for Sale" menu. Search for homes similar to yours in your specific neighborhood. Currently, the national housing crisis and the national media reports are having a negative impact on home sales in San Antonio. However, San Antonio's economy is strong and is expected to turn things around for the housing industry in San Antonio
Second, meet with the Professionals:
1. The selection of a real estate professional is a critical decision in your home selling process. Select a realtor that is experienced, full time, and one that demonstrates integrity and enthusiasm toward selling your home and working with you. Roland is a proven realtor having twice been recognized nationally as being in the top 1% of residential Realtors.
2. Prepare your home to sell. This is your Number 1 responsibility. A quick list of things to do includes:
- Pretend you are the buyer.
- Conduct a critical review of the exterior, garage, interior, roof, attic, closets, etc.
- Ask yourself: Would I buy this home in its present condition?
- Make repairs where needed.
- Paint where needed.
- Unclutter where needed.
- Of particular importance, insure kitchen and bathrooms are clean and uncluttered.
- Park in front of your house
- How is the curb appeal? Is your yard well maintained?
- Do the shrubs need trimming?
- If you have children or pets, insure their areas are neat.
3. Roland will provide you with the benefit of his experience in preparing your home to sell. He will conduct a similar inspection of your home with a critical eye. You want to hear it from him and not from your potential buyers.
4. Roland will conduct a Competitive Market Analysis to give you an estimated value of your home. If there are few comparables, he will also discuss the option of having your home appraised to get a more exact value of your home. Roland will suggest a price range at which your home should sell for. You decide the asking price.
5. Roland will coordinate a marketing strategy with you to insure that you and he will work as a team in selling your home. He is responsible to exposing your home to as many potential buyers as possible and to all San Antonio real estate agents.
6. Your home will be listed in the MLS, sahomesearch.com, realtor.com, sabor.com, houseandhome.msn.com, mysa.com and realestate.yahoo.com, trulia, and many more sites. We will also expose your home to the market by having open houses, yard signs, advertisement in the local paper, real estate magazines, your neighborhood newsletter and more.
7. When an offer comes in, Roland will review the offer in detail. Price is important but not the only thing. Does the settlement date coincide with your plans? How solid is the buyer's credit? What contingencies does the contract include?
Call Roland at 210-722-2725 for your next step to getting your home sold.